Actors / Auditions
Actors are chosen through formal auditions open to the public. Auditions may involve cold reads from the script, prepared monologues or other material at the discretion of each director. Please refer to specific Audition Announcements for the requirements for any particular show.
Auditions at Guelph Little Theatre are open to the public. We advertise auditions on this site and in the Guelph Little Theatre Facebook page and group. You do not have to be a GLT member to audition, but anyone who is cast in a GLT play must become a member of Guelph Little Theatre.
The playbill for the upcoming season (running from Sept to June) is announced annually in the April/May timeframe. Audition notices will start to appear here shortly after that and throughout the year, typically 3-5 months prior to a show being on stage.
Having a Wonderful Time, Wishing You Were Her
Written By: William Van Zandt & Jane Milmore
Directed By: Erin Lynn Birdsell
Show Dates: October 16th – October 31st
Audition Dates: Sunday May 31st & Tuesday June 2nd 7:00pm – 9:00pm Open Auditions
Call Backs: June 7th 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Where: Guelph Little Theatre
Who: Open to all, bring a resume if you have one
Details: Auditions will be a combination of prepared monologue and a cold read. Actors are to prepare a comedic monologue of 2 minutes in length. In addition scripts will be provided at the audition for the cold reading portion.
- Kathy: A confident, sexy woman in her late 20's to mid 30's. Kathy is Jennifer's sister, having a long term affair with Danny, and dating Paul.
- Jennifer: A conservative, shy, traditional woman in her late 20's to mid 30's. Jennifer is Kathy's sister, Danny's wife and having an affair with Paul.
- Mary: An older woman late 50's to mid 60's. Mary is mother to Jennifer and Kathy, and wife to Bill of 29 years. She is tired of the romanticless relationship her marriage has become and yearns for a night of passion.
- Danny: A confident and suave man, who knows what he wants and goes for it. Early 30's to late 30's (will cast slightly older if need be). Married to Jennifer, caring on a long term affair with Kathy, and best friends with Paul.
- Paul: A nervous but confident bachelor, much cooler in his own mind than in his demenor. Early 30's to late 30's (will cast slightly older if need be).Best friends with Danny, dating Kathy, having an affair with Jennifer.
- Bill: An older stern man, set in his ways, mid 50's to mid 60's. Used to be in the Marines but has now settled into the comforts of retirement. Father to Jennifer and Kathy, husband to Mary of 29 years.
This is the very popular nautical musical comedy by Gilbert and Sullivan being mounted as a co-production with RCMPi and GLT. Performances will be held at GLT Sept 9th - 13th.
Auditions are being held at GLT on June 8th and 10th with call-backs on June 12th. For detailed information on the audition process and to complete the APPLICATION FORM to book your audition time go to the RCMPi audition announcement.